Ark Globe Academy is a non-selective, all-through school with no religious affiliations and serves children of all abilities. The primary school has places for 60 pupils each year in two classes and 50 part time nursery places. The Secondary school has a Pupil Admission Number of 180 pupils in year 7 for 6 classes. Applications for admission must be made on Southwark Council's Common Application Form (CAF). When we admit pupils, we prioritise children with statements of special educational needs. Then, if our academy is oversubscribed, we offer places to children in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children;
- children of a staff member who fills a post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage as approved by ARK Schools. (This priority is limited to no more than one place in each form of entry in any year).
- children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose "sibling" is a whole, half or step-brother or step-sister or an adopted child resident at the same address);
- children of staff in the school may also receive priority where the parent has been employed in the academy for two or more years at the time of the application for admission (that is the year before admission). Priority is limited to no more than one place for each form of entry in any year.
- children who live closest to the school using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child's home.
The school keeps a waiting list to fill any casual vacancies occurring if students leave during the academic year or withdraw from a place that has been offered.
Ark Schools Appeals Timetable
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Year 7 or Reception class in September 2017 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Secondary||1 March 2017||19 April 2017|
|after 19 April 2017 (late appeals)|
|Primary||18 April 2017||20 May 2017|
|after 20 May 2017 (late appeals)|
‘On-time’ appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Mid-year appeals must be heard within 30 school days of receipt of the appeal.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
Any additional evidence parents/carers wish to submit in support of their appeal must be sent to the external agency at least 5 working days before the hearing. Any evidence not submitted by this deadline may not be considered by the independent appeal panel.
If you wish to appeal for a place in year 7, please click here for the secondary appeal form.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the academy if you need a paper form.