Ark Globe Academy is a non-selective, all-through school with no religious affiliations and serves children of all abilities. The primary school has places for 60 pupils each year in two classes and 50 part time nursery places. The Secondary school has a Pupil Admission Number of 180 pupils in year 7 for 6 classes. Applications for admission must be made on Southwark Council's Common Application Form (CAF). When we admit pupils, we prioritise children with statements of special educational needs. Then, if our academy is oversubscribed, we offer places to children in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children;
- children of a staff member who fills a post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage as approved by ARK Schools. (This priority is limited to no more than one place in each form of entry in any year).
- children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose "sibling" is a whole, half or step-brother or step-sister or an adopted child resident at the same address);
- children of staff in the school may also receive priority where the parent has been employed in the academy for two or more years at the time of the application for admission (that is the year before admission). Priority is limited to no more than one place for each form of entry in any year.
- children who live closest to the school using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child's home.
The school keeps a waiting list to fill any casual vacancies occurring if students leave during the academic year or withdraw from a place that has been offered.
Applications for September 2016 have now closed.
Parents/Carers/Legal Guardians who are not offered a place for their child are entitled to appeal to an independent committee under the provisions of the School Standards and Framework Act, 1998. Parents/Carers/Legal Guardians wishing to appeal should complete an appeals form, available from the school office or from the Ark Admissions Team, Ark Schools, 65 Kingsway, London, WC2B 6TD.
For further information on this, please contact the Admissions Coordinator at the academy.
ARK Schools Appeals Timetable
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Year 7 or Reception class in September 2016 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Secondary||1 March 2016||19 April 2016|
|after 19 April 2016 (late appeals)|
|Primary||18 April 2016||20 May 2016|
|after 20 May 2016 (late appeals)|
‘On-time’ appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network, at least 10 school days before the hearing. They will provide a copy of the school’s statement of case which will be sent to each parent/carer at least 10 school days before the hearing.
Any additional evidence parents/carers wish to submit in support of their appeal must be sent to the external agency at least 5 working days before the hearing. Any evidence not submitted by this deadline may not be considered by the independent appeal panel.
If you wish to appeal for a place in year 7, please click here for the secondary appeal form.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the academy if you need a paper form.