At Ark Globe Academy, we believe that effective assessment of every lesson and of every unit of work or fertile question exemplifies the fact that learning and assessment are a constant process. We use the information gathered to enhance the quality of teaching and of the learning experiences our young people encounter.
We regularly assess pupils’ academic potential and progress. We place importance on accurate and thorough assessment so that pupils are given appropriate challenge and support when necessary. Our rigorous assessment progress and target-setting model supports this and contributes to the development of exemplary lesson planning bound by the detailed knowledge of knowing every child. We provide our pupils with regular feedback on their learning so that they understand what it is that they need to do to develop and improve further.
Twice a year, we also discuss individual pupil progress with parents and families, formally through written reports and academic review meetings, where we are able to share strengths in learning and review future targets. Together, we strive to raise standards for all our children and move them to the next level of success.
The aims and objectives of assessment in our academy are:
• To enable our children to demonstrate what they know, understand and can do in their learning;
• To help our children understand what they need to do next to improve their learning;
• To allow teachers to plan learning that accurately reflects the needs of each child;
• To provide regular information for parents/guardians that enables them to support their child’s learning;
• To provide the Primary Principal, Principal and governors with information that allows them to make judgements about the effectiveness of the academy; and
• Help us to plan highly effective learning opportunities.